This photo is the Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Maldon on a nice sunny autumn Sunday morning.
Holy Trinity Church was designed in Early English gothic style by David Relph Drape and built from local schist with granite dressings. The nave was opened in 1861 and the building progressively enlarged until 1889
It consists of a nave, chancel, western porch, organ chamber and vestry. The interior is of particular note for the splendid east window dating from 1864, the work of accomplished artist John Lyon; other windows include the signed work of William Montgomery.
The first pipe organ in the church was installed in 1865 and is believed to be the Bevington organ now at Holy Trinity Cathedral, Wangaratta. The present organ was built by Fincham & Hobday at a cost of £273 and was opened on 26 April 1893.
This stone cottage at Maldon is a great example of goldfields architecture. A functional cottage which once was a commonplace style of building but now has a charm that embodies the heritage of Maldon.
This is a photo of number 3 Main Street at Maldon.
The morning light on the building and the mostly empty beer bottle on the footpath caught my attention.
This building has been many things over the years. It was once part of the Garage and Service Station on the corner of Main and High Street. It has also been accommodation, a fruit shop, a second hand goods store, an antique shop and a vintage wares shop.
Now the home of The Little Red Bookshop, the building at 67 to 69 High Street Maldon has some rich history.
The building comprises 2 Shops and an Apartment behind the original façade
This historic freehold was first built on land first owned by J.C. Hawkey in 1854 and then the current property was built by local entrepreneurs the Hornsby’s in 1900.
The shops have been together as one shop, then separated into two shops and now is one shop again. Several things have been housed at the location including accommodation, retail shops including an antique shop, teddy bear shop, book shop and second hand goods shops.