Category - Attractions

The calm before a storm at Nuggety

Calm before a storm at Nuggety - Maldon

Calm before a storm at Nuggety – Maldon – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

The Nuggety range, or hills, is a beautiful spot for bushwalking and exploring.

This photo was taken near the Rock of Ages at Nuggety looking out over the plains just before a storm.

Steam Locomotive J549 arriving at Maldon

Steam Locomotive J549 arriving at Maldon

Steam Locomotive J549 arriving at Maldon – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

Steam Locomotive J549 arrives at Maldon.

The Victorian Goldfields Railway currently runs services on Wednesday and Sunday between Maldon and Castlemaine.

Maldon from Mount Tarrengower Lookout

Maldon from Mount Tarrengower Lookout

Maldon from Mount Tarrengower Lookout – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

A view of Maldon from the Mount Tarrengower Lookout.

This tower was originally a mine poppet head and was transported to Maldon as a lookout tower.

It now serves as both a tourist attraction, public lookout and fire lookout on the top of the tower.

A View of Maldon from the Beehive Chimney

View of Maldon from the Beehive Chimney

View of Maldon from the Beehive Chimney – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

The Beehive Gold Mine ruins at Maldon incorporate the imposing Beehive Chimney which is visible from most parts of town and even from the top of Mount Tarrengower.

This picture is a view of Main Street Maldon from above the Beehive Chimney showing Maldon on a cool autumn day.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Maldon. Autumn 2019.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Maldon

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Maldon – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

This photo is the Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Maldon on a nice sunny autumn Sunday morning.

Holy Trinity Church was designed in Early English gothic style by David Relph Drape and built from local schist with granite dressings. The nave was opened in 1861 and the building progressively enlarged until 1889

It consists of a nave, chancel, western porch, organ chamber and vestry. The interior is of particular note for the splendid east window dating from 1864, the work of accomplished artist John Lyon; other windows include the signed work of William Montgomery.

The first pipe organ in the church was installed in 1865 and is believed to be the Bevington organ now at Holy Trinity Cathedral, Wangaratta. The present organ was built by Fincham & Hobday at a cost of £273 and was opened on 26 April 1893.

Rego Sign at Maldon

Rego – The Ruling Brand – Historic Sign at Maldon – Photo: © Maldon Victoria

An iconic part of Maldon.

The now restored Rego sign is advertising a brand which has now long passed. Until a couple of year ago the sign had faded despite at least one earlier restoration in the 1970s.

The sign is situated on the side of a former bakery that dates back to 1859 called the Scotch Pie House. It is located on the corner of Main Street and Templeton Street.

Adventure on Mount Tarrengower at Maldon

Mount Tarrengower at Maldon is a place for adventure.

[KGVID]https://maldon.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/mounttarrengower.mp4[/KGVID]

Hang Gliding from the mount. The famous Hill Climb car race up the mountain. Mountain Biking at speed down the many trails. The possibilities for adventure are only limited by imagination.

/* ]]> */