The Penny School situated on Church Street Maldon is one of our favourite buildings in town.
The school was called the Penny School because that was the cost of attendance at the school.
The 1856 Penny School, built of stone, brick and weatherboard as the Church of England Denominational School No.413, overlooks Maldon in Church Street. It was acquired by the National Trust in 1979. It was sold by The National Trust to a private buyer in 2014.
This is a view of Main Street Maldon in Spring. The picture was taken early in the morning not long after sunrise. The colours of Maldon during Spring are quite spectacular. It’s a fantastic time of year to visit the town.